The Royal Magician of Oz Trilogy is a 3 volume tale of magic and wonder that recalls the cherished values of friendship, loyalty and courage. These timeless tales of Oz reminds us of the value of overcoming our deepest fears and conquering the challenges that might otherwise defeat us.

Volume One; Magician of Oz, Volume Two; Shadow Demon of Oz and Volume Three; Family of Oz are now available for your reading enjoyment, as well as The Ozian Adventure of Pickleless & Blu.

The Emerald Slippers of Oz
, featuring an Introduction by Roger S. Baum; great grandson of L. Frank Baum, as well as Tails of Oz and Even More Tails of Oz are also
available for your reading enjoyment.

Nomes of Oz is a wonderful adventure for anyone who loves the 1939 MGM film, The Wizard of Oz.

The newest adventure in Oz, entitled: The First Witches of Oz is now available and fast becoming a best-seller in the Land of Oz.

All are available in both paperback and Kindle.

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Poor Customer Service at Steak 'n Shake!

UPDATE: AUG. 9, 2013

I received an email message from Steak 'n Shake requesting that I contact them at their toll-free number to provide more information about the poor customer service at the Mattoon, Illinois location. Given that I had loads of final exams to grade and such, it wasn't until today that I was able to attend to this matter. I called at 7:08pm and was placed on hold until 7:14pm. It would seem that long wait times are indicative of the customer service one can expect from Steak 'n Shake. The gentleman on the other end, named Al Jamar was polite enough and I have no complaints regarding his end of the transaction, but I am still NOT satisfied with Steak 'n Shakes' customer service. I'm curious what Time will bring to this matter.

__________________________________________________________________________________

AUG. 6, 2013

So, today I found myself at the local Steak 'n Shake in Mattoon, Illinois for lunch. Normally, I go there after classes but today I thought I would get in between final exams, which is always a maddening time.

I arrived at 12:49pm and was promptly seated, then it would seem that I was forgotten as I sat there for 14 minutes awaiting someone to take my order. I gots a thing for the Chili 5-Way and a Chocolate Shake and I figured I had enough time in between exams to enjoy lunch before I had to get back , administer said exam and then spend the rest of the afternoon grading both sets of exams. 

Now, it should be noted that there were only 5 occupied tables, including my own, so the place certainly wasn't very busy at all. had there been a full restaurant, I would have gladly understood the wait time and probably would have grabbed a quick bite at McDonald's (not my preferred choice but it will do in a pinch). Such was not the case however.

During my 14 minute wait, I observed another couple enter, be seated by a hostess and then promptly attended to and their order taken. In fact, by the time a hostess finally arrived at my table, the other couple's order was being presented to them.

Needless to say, I was none to happy and running short on time. I requested the manager and explained the situation to him. To his credit, he was polite and courteous, though I neglected to get his name. He offered to take my order, but by then, time was against me and I had to get back to school.

Now I'm about to grade exams on an empty stomach and not satisfied with the customer service at
Steak 'n Shake. I will certainly keep this experience in mind when next I choose a place to dine at during my lunch hour, once classes begin anew later this month.

I did notice on the way out a sign that stated "Satisfaction Guaranteed" and let's just say I was NOT satisfied.

James C. Wallace II

1 comment:

  1. well that is not good, i really hate that stuff... we have waited like 45 minutes and watched people come in, eat and leave. i always worry to getting something for free at the time because i feel that they are doing something to the food. i wait until the end and then complain... get a gift card for another visit, that is the proper way i think. this way you return and maybe a happy return.

    Jeremy H.

    New Look, New Name and Same Stuff...
    [Being-Retro]

    Ps. Word Verification is Awful, if you get the chance PLEASE Turn it Off and set your comment preferences to NO ANONYMOUS!

    ReplyDelete