The Royal Magician of Oz Trilogy is a 3 volume tale of magic and wonder that recalls the cherished values of friendship, loyalty and courage. These timeless tales of Oz reminds us of the value of overcoming our deepest fears and conquering the challenges that might otherwise defeat us.

Volume One; Magician of Oz, Volume Two; Shadow Demon of Oz and Volume Three; Family of Oz are now available for your reading enjoyment, as well as The Ozian Adventure of Pickleless & Blu.

The Emerald Slippers of Oz
, featuring an Introduction by Roger S. Baum; great grandson of L. Frank Baum, as well as Tails of Oz and Even More Tails of Oz are also
available for your reading enjoyment.

Nomes of Oz is a wonderful adventure for anyone who loves the 1939 MGM film, The Wizard of Oz.

The newest adventure in Oz, entitled: The First Witches of Oz is now available and fast becoming a best-seller in the Land of Oz.

All are available in both paperback and Kindle.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Twitter and the Wizard

Recently, I discovered how technology can reach up and bite one in the ankles, so to speak.

Growing up, I was a child of the traditional book and all that goes with that. When information was required, I would look it up in the encyclopedia. A whole business used to exist where people would come by your house and sell you wonderful sets of these encyclopedia and you would show them off to your friends.

Long gone are those days...

Nowadays, you click onto the Internet machine and voila!, information as far as the eye can read. Most of it is quite accurate but not always. Hence was the case when I went to look up some info. I trusted a single source and now my ankles have lovely little bites marks all over them from the experience.

Now I know better...

Despite my recent experience with the Net critters, I'm about to embark on a rather bold experiment involving OZ and Twitter, a social-networking site on the Internet machine. What this experiment is, I cannot say. At least not right at this moment. That would, afterall, take all the mystery out of life.

In fact, the very nature of the mystery is part of what I'm going for during this experiment.

While working for The Children's Museum of Indianapolis, I was schooled in the Serendipity Effect by a former Director of Education; Mr. David Cassady. His mentorship allowed me to explore very unorthodox methods for delivering educational and/or artistic content. My adaptation of "War of the Worlds" performed by youth volunteers inside Spacequest Planetarium is a prime example of this. Those few who witnessed it recall it fondly to this day, ten years later. Behold the Serendipity Effect.

Now comes the time when I will employ the Serendipity Effect once more. To what effect, I have no idea. That's the beauty of the experiment. If you are reading this and want to be a part of the fun, you merely sign up for a Twitter account, (Twitter.com if you don't already have one), and search for me, magicianofoz (that's my Twitter id; go figure!). Once you've found my bio, just click the follow link and prepare to be amazed.

I will provide a more detailed description just prior to the experiment at the appropriate websites. This experiment may produce quite the buzz or it may go bust, who knows??? Time will tell.

Expect it within the week.

James C. Wallace II
Royal Liaison to Princess Ozma
magicianofoz (Twitter id)

No comments:

Post a Comment