The Royal Magician of Oz Trilogy is a 3 volume tale of magic and wonder that recalls the cherished values of friendship, loyalty and courage. These timeless tales of Oz reminds us of the value of overcoming our deepest fears and conquering the challenges that might otherwise defeat us.

Volume One; Magician of Oz, Volume Two; Shadow Demon of Oz and Volume Three; Family of Oz are now available for your reading enjoyment, as well as The Ozian Adventure of Pickleless & Blu.

The Emerald Slippers of Oz
, featuring an Introduction by Roger S. Baum; great grandson of L. Frank Baum, as well as Tails of Oz and Even More Tails of Oz are also
available for your reading enjoyment.

Nomes of Oz is a wonderful adventure for anyone who loves the 1939 MGM film, The Wizard of Oz.

The newest adventure in Oz, entitled: The First Witches of Oz is now available and fast becoming a best-seller in the Land of Oz.

All are available in both paperback and Kindle.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Writing Madness of Oz! Day 18...

So, roughly 42 hours ago, I had a vision, or an apparition, or something like that. What it was, I still don't know.

I was sitting at the beast, bringing myself into the moment for writing, which is how I usually do this kinda thing. I had determined to begin working on the next chapter of The Ozian Adventure of Pickleless & Blu and found myself at a bit of a crossroads, so to speak. I had introduced my two main characters, set the back story for both, including a most intense 1st chapter unlike anything I had ever written before, and was working towards bringing both characters together.

Now, it's midnight and as I sit there, my mind wandering a bit over details of plot and character and the like, I looked over at something faintly glowing white and very tenuous, reflecting in the glass of the bookshelf on the far wall. I usually write best after midnight and I tend to write in the dark, with only the computer screen for lighting. As such, there was nothing available to reflect against the glass, so I was stunned to observe something... It quickly moved off to the right and vanished without a trace. I saw it for only the briefest of instances but I am certain I saw something. With this ethereal vision came a feeling unlike any I've ever had before. I can't put it down into words and I have no words to describe it. After posting a quick note on this blog so that I may not forget what I experienced, I began writing what has become an even more intense chapter, albeit considerably shorter, than chapter 1. Visions of despair and agony, Evil and hope, family and Love came flowing out in torrents and me unable to stop until I found myself unable to write anymore that night. The intensity of what I felt and the moment of inspiration had overwhelmed me and I was unable to sleep the remainder of the night.

What it was I saw, I still do not know. Perhaps a ghost, a specter, or a lost wandering soul seeking out redemption? Maybe Her Majesty, Princess Ozma? Who can say? Certainly not me, though the image still haunts me and I can think of nothing else. I was reminded briefly of a scene from Return to Oz when Dorothy sees something almost identical in the mirror of Mombi's Hall, which turns out to be Ozma, reaching out to Dorothy. Have I had my own encounter with Her Majesty? It wouldn't be my first, but it certainly would qualify as the oddest and eeriest I've ever had.

For now, I sit back and reflect on the Vision In The Glass and wonder what it all means.
I am very pleased with progress so far on both stories.
I'm also getting more excited as the annual Chesterton Wizard of Oz Festival approaches in less than 2 weeks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment