The Royal Magician of Oz Trilogy is a 3 volume tale of magic and wonder that recalls the cherished values of friendship, loyalty and courage. These timeless tales of Oz reminds us of the value of overcoming our deepest fears and conquering the challenges that might otherwise defeat us.

Volume One; Magician of Oz, Volume Two; Shadow Demon of Oz and Volume Three; Family of Oz are now available for your reading enjoyment, as well as The Ozian Adventure of Pickleless & Blu.

The Emerald Slippers of Oz
, featuring an Introduction by Roger S. Baum; great grandson of L. Frank Baum, as well as Tails of Oz and Even More Tails of Oz are also
available for your reading enjoyment.

Nomes of Oz is a wonderful adventure for anyone who loves the 1939 MGM film, The Wizard of Oz.

The newest adventure in Oz, entitled: The First Witches of Oz is now available and fast becoming a best-seller in the Land of Oz.

All are available in both paperback and Kindle.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Writing Madness of Oz! Day 6...

In the immortal words of my 2nd favorite animated scientist, Professor Farnsworth...

Good news, everyone!!!! The writing has begun.

It would seem that Whether the Sea is Boiling Hot and Whether Pigs Have Wings has won out as the first story to get a start. 

It all started this late afternoon when I was doing some Ebay work. For those of you who may not know me, I'm a part-time teacher in Illinois, which essentially means that I make crap for wages and have no benefits. As such, I do Ebay as a means of supplementing my income. 
So I'm sitting there, listing as usual when the muse appears down the hall. Now, I've never been able to figure out if it's a male or a female, but the damn thing is about a meter tall, dressed in flowing white gowns of iridescent silk and carrying a 4x4. This time, the thing had two of them (one in each hand) and it came running at me full speed. Before I knows it, it whops me upside both sides of my head and now.... I gots to write.


Usually, I tend to write late at night when everyone is asleep. I prefer the silence. Tonight however, my wife Amanda (the creator of the legendary Potato Soup) was away at Bingo and the boys were off doing stuff. So it's early evening, I'm alone, there's no noise and before I know it, Chapter 2 (Princess Ozma's Royal Command) has found its way onto the screen. 


This is a sequel to Of Cabbages, Kings, and Even (Odd) Queens of Wonderland and Oz that I co-wrote with my good friend, Ron Baxley, Jr.. We have a most unusual way of writing which works very well for us. In Of Cabbages, Kings, and Even (Odd) Queens of Wonderland and Oz, I started the process by writing of Wonderland and the Red Queen as the villain in chapter 1. Ron would follow up with chapter 2 and the Land of Oz with its heroes. Back and forth we would go, much like a chess match until the final battle about 20 chapters into it, when we would blend paragraphs. It worked extremely well and produced a lovely story. Now, with Whether the Sea is Boiling Hot and Whether Pigs Have Wings, Ron is taking the lead with Wonderland and the villain as his responsibility, while I write of Oz and the heroes. As I mentioned in last nights posting, I had immersed myself in L. Frank Baum's The Magic of Oz (1919) as a starting point from which I would develop my characters. I've selected Scraps, The Patchwork Girl as the heroine of the story and included a number of lesser known creatures as her companions for the journey and what knots.


I've also decided, (or more likely the muse decided for me) to go ahead and attempt to write The Ozian Adventure of Pickleless & Blu as well. I've never attempted two at once, so this should prove interesting. Frankly, I feel like it should be no problem... but Time will tell!

 For now, I'll think about The Ozian Adventure of Pickleless & Blu and see what appears on the screen.

BTW, in case you're wondering, my favorite animated scientist was Clyde Crashcup, who inspired me to become a scientist. Look him up on YouTube. He's crack me up still to this very day!

No comments:

Post a Comment