The Royal Magician of Oz Trilogy is a 3 volume tale of magic and wonder that recalls the cherished values of friendship, loyalty and courage. These timeless tales of Oz reminds us of the value of overcoming our deepest fears and conquering the challenges that might otherwise defeat us.

Volume One; Magician of Oz, Volume Two; Shadow Demon of Oz and Volume Three; Family of Oz are now available for your reading enjoyment, as well as The Ozian Adventure of Pickleless & Blu.

The Emerald Slippers of Oz
, featuring an Introduction by Roger S. Baum; great grandson of L. Frank Baum, as well as Tails of Oz and Even More Tails of Oz are also
available for your reading enjoyment.

Nomes of Oz is a wonderful adventure for anyone who loves the 1939 MGM film, The Wizard of Oz.

The newest adventure in Oz, entitled: The First Witches of Oz is now available and fast becoming a best-seller in the Land of Oz.

All are available in both paperback and Kindle.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Writing Madness of Oz! Day 9...

As is usually the case when I become immersed in the Writing Madness of Oz, I find myself unable to concentrate on anything else. More often than not, I find myself writing at all hours of the day or night and I generally forgo my other activities until I complete the madness.

Last night was no different as I found myself laying in bed and unable to turn off the dialog and storylines running through my brain. So naturally, I got up at about 3am and returned to chapter 1 of T he Ozian Adventure of Pickleless & Blu. 

I  mentioned in my last posting abut the intensity of this opening chapter and as I sat in front of the screen, I felt more was needed in order to completely resolve the matter at hand. Whether I have succeeded or not, I'll leave to others to decide. I'm not sure how others writers attend to matters of intensity as it pertains to their stories, but I do know that I'm not used to writing about this type of situation.
For me, I believe in Love, family, friendship and all that goes with those things. This particular issue and starting point go well beyond those things into a realm very unfamiliar to me. As such, I have struggled with putting down into words those things which  are usually left unsaid.

That having been said, I feel much better now about the direction and overall emotion of this opening chapter. It was important for me to convey a sense of Princess Ozma's Love and compassion in a way that far exceeds what we are normally used to. Me thinks I done did it!!!

I'll probably sit down later this evening and have another go at it. My co-author for Whether the Sea is Boiling Hot and Whether Pigs Have Wings tells me that chapter 3 (his next chapter about Wonderland) is ready to send. I should see it tomorrow... and then we'll go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment